Akai Pro has released MPC Software version 1.3
The features shown in this update are available for the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio, with the exception of the Vintage Mode SP1200 Ring which is only available on the MPC Renaissance.
Here’s what’s new:
- Completely redesigned plugin architecture, allowing more features and flexibility.
- ProTools transport control.
- New vintage emulation mode: SP1200 Ring.
- Hardware zoom control.
- Project archive facility, to easily move projects between computers.
- File import of MPC2000 and 2000XL format APS and ALL Files.
- Support for custom program edit UIs for plugin programs. The bundled instruments now have tailor-made editors.
- New program mixer, with ability to hide unused tracks, and show mixer strips for plugin programs.
- Improved plugin selection system, allowing you to browse by plugin type, and by manufacturer.
- Redesigned main mode GUI, making information clearer and speeding up the workflow.
- Added new track and sequence selectors to speed up access.
- Project info list shows program type and the plugin loaded in each plugin program.
- Improved track view display, with automation editing for plugin programs, and access to common track settings in the lane.
- Improved the program editor for plugin programs.
- You can drag samples to lanes in the grid to load them onto a pad.
- Double-click in sequence editor to insert/remove a slice point.
- Improved the hardware’s pad light performance.
- Improved QLink performance.
- Better preferences window, that looks better and is better organized.
- Audio export of submixes and plugin programs.
- Improved MPC 3000 file import.
- Next sequence mode works like an MPC 4000, rather than an MPC 5000.
- Many, many bug fixes.
For more info on MPC Software Version 1.3, see the Akai site.