Propellerheads have announced Reason 7 – an update to their popular DAW app that adds new features and an enhanced Factory Sound Pack.
With over 90 third party Rack Extensions already available, Propellerhead has focused its attention Reason’s mixer, the rack and the sequencer.
Here’s an overview of the new features:
New in Reason 7:
- MIDI out
- Automatic audio slicing and audio quantize
- Convert recordings into REX loops for further creative possibilities
- New spectrum analyzer with visual EQ controls
- Group and parallel mix channels
- Workflow improvements
- Reason 7 makes it easier to import audio from users’ music libraries and the web, with support for mp3, aac, wma and more.
- Enhanced Factory Sound Bank comes with new loops and drum kits.
- New Audiomatic Retro Transformer effect unit adds a “futuristic-vintage” sound
Reason Essentials 2 has also been announced giving an entry level way in.
Reason 7 and Reason Essentials 2 begin public beta testing today and will be available for purchase worldwide in Q2 of 2013.
- Reason 7 EUR 405 / USD $449
- Reason Essentials 2 EUR 120 / USD $129
- Reason 7 Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) EUR 129 / USD $129
- Reason Essentials 2 upgrade from previous versions FREE
- Balance (includes upgrade to Reason 7 for owners of previous versions of Reason) EUR 429 / USD $449
See the Propellerhead site for info on Reason 7.