Giorgio Sancristoforo has announced Berna 2.0 – a new version of his virtual vintage electronic music studio for Mac OS X.
Berna is a software simulation of a late 1950s electroacoustic music studio. Oscillators, filters, modulators, tape recorders, mixers, are all packed in a easy-to-use interface with historical accuracy.
Berna 2.0 adds:
- an updated UI
- a new Comparator
- an 18 bands 1/3 Octave FilterBank
- an 18 Bands Vocoder
- a new Tone Burst Generator
- two Dynamic Modulators,
- a new Reverb
- new Frequency Shifter (with modulator input)
- new FM Oscillator (with modulator input) and
- 8 new Complex Oscillators
Here’a a video intro to Berna 2:
Here’s a video tutorial:
This tutorial shows some new functions of the tape recorders using a tone-mixture technique taken from Karlheinz Stockhausen’s Study 2.
Berna 2 is priced at 12 Euro and is expected to be available in May.