The MIDI Breath Controller has the same function as a combination of the Yamaha BC3A and the ‘MIDI solution’ converter box, but with a USB interface.
The MIDI Breath Controller uses a novel signal processing algorithm to transform the breath pressure signal to MIDI cc messages that let you add realistic expression to your performance. This is useful for live performance with synthesizers and DAWs, giving you control of volume, expression and other parameters of soft synths and sample libraries
It is fully configurable with min/max input and output ranges as well as sensitivity curve.
Here is a user demo, by Torley:
- Software configurable min/max input and out ranges, sensitivity, MIDI channel and MIDI cc
- Save and load your presets
- Insensitive to ambient pressure
- Full resolution for all input ranges (MIDI 0-127)
- Firmware upgradable for future enhancements
- USB powered