VST Connect Pro allows you to record in real time through the internet and local area networks. It transmits stereo recordings on the fly, but also records up to 16 high-resolution audio tracks in the background.
To establish a peer-to-peer connection the VST Connect Performer download is freely available on the client side.
Steinberg is also introducing Studio Pass, the free iOS app for VST Connect soon to be available through the App Store on iTunes, letting users dial into the recording session with an iPhone or iPad.
Here’s the official intro video:
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync
- MIDI support for sending and receiving MIDI data to your recording counterpart
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels
- Up to 192 kHz audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment
- LAN support for connections in your local network
- VST 3 support for recording VST instruments via peer-to-peer connection
- Free download client-side application with full remote control of session settings by the session administrator
VST Connect Pro is available now for $199.99.