Magellan Jr – an analog modeling synthesizer for the iPhone and iPod Touch – has been updated to version 2.0.
The update adds ‘smartly random’ patch generation, Inter-App Audio, new presets and more.
Here’s what’s new in Magellan Jr 2.0:
- SPAWN (Smart Preset Aggregation with Windowed raNdomization)
- Instantly generate new presets
- SPAWN is a proprietary algorithm developed to create synth presets in a ‘smartly random’ way
- SPAWN uses artifical intelligence to make decisions based on user-specified tonality parameters, such as Bass, Lead, Pad or Weird
- The algorithm intelligently resolves over 100 synth parameters and over 80 FX parameters
- Also generates arp patterns in any chosen scale or in a random scale
- Comes with “Suprise Me” option to give complete control to the system
- Retains 16 most recently generated presets in memory under the dedicated ‘Recent Spawns’ bank
- Inter-App Audio: you can now use Magellan Jr as a remote instrument with your favorite IAA-enabled DAWs or music apps
- Two new free preset banks: “Boleskine” by Yonac and “NWP Lab30” by New Wave Presets
- New preset repositories
- Favorites bank to collect your preferred patches in a single location. Simply star/unstar a preset to add or remove it from this bank
- Recently used presets bank
- Preset and Bank renaming
- Restore factory presets option, so you can reintall factory presets at any time
- BPM Lock: specify if you want BPM data to be loaded with a preset
- Bounce whole sequences or individual patterns to audio via Sequencer -> Composition -> Bounce
- Updated with newest versions of Audiobus and Sonoma frameworks
- Many other updates and refinements
Magellan Jr is US $4.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Magellan Jr, let us know what you think of it!