2014 NAMM Show: Apogee Electronics has released the MiC 96k – a multiplatform digital microphone.
The MiC 96k combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one device. According to Apogee, they have ‘designed each part of MiC 96k to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone.’
Here’s the official intro video:
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality.
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone.
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion.
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain.
- No configuration, just plug in and record.
- Input gain control
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring.
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording.
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- All metal construction.
The MiC 96k available now for US $229.