Fiddlewax Yellow is new app that combines a live vocal harmony generator, effects processor, and looper into one.
Here’s what the developers have to say about Fiddlewax Yellow:
Every aspect of Fiddlewax puts music first. The simple interface helps musicians focus on what they’re creating; there are no ads, faux-wood textures, or frivolous interaction to distract from the creative process.
Fiddlewax takes the best of both physical and virtual instruments to create something totally new. Full 10-finger multitouch support and maximum playing area provide for seamless digital interaction, while under the hood, samples are processed and routed as analog signals with variable frequency and timing.
- Realtime 3-part vocal harmony using a fast, polyphonic, pitch-shifting and audio analysis pipeline. Sing and synthesize new sounds and audio textures on the fly.
- Built-in effects to add chorus, distortion, reverb, low-pass, and high-pass filters.
- Synchronized, auto-expanding looper to layer up to 6 audio tracks at once. Easily start/stop any track and clear tracks individually when you want to overwrite/undo.
- Integrated recording function to save and share songs. Send to other installed apps, attach to email, or download later from iTunes when you sync your device.
- Headphone-aware control logic reduces the chance of squeaky feedback while you record.
Fiddlewax Yellow is available in the App Store.
If you’ve tried Fiddlewax Yellow, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!