Jordan Rudess’s Wizdom Music has introduced HarmonyWiz – a harmonic generator for iOS, designed for creating multi-part arrangements from single musical lines.
HarmonyWiz is designed for users with varying levels of musical knowledge. For beginning users, it lets you ‘paint’ musical lines onscreen and have a melody auto-harmonized.
Trained musicians can play melodies via a MIDI keyboard and specify harmonizations using Figured Bass notation, inversions and non-harmonic tones. It also supports AudioBus and MIDI out for integration with other apps.
- HarmonyWiz offers a unique, assisted composition engine
- Place guide notes in any track including the melody or bass lines
- Force chords to have certain degrees or inversions
- Choose from five different harmonic styles: Baroque, Contemporary, Smooth, Free, And Open
- Non-harmonic tones such as passing notes or suspension notes
- Built in multi-touch keyboards in both chromatic layout and harmonic
- Supports the use of accidentals
- Supports simple and compound meters
- Supports major and minor keys
- Displays harmonic rhythm
- Multiple undo and redo
- MIDI in and MIDI out support
- AudioBus support
- AudioShare support
- Ten built-in instruments including orchestral and electronic sounds
- More instrument packs available for in-app purchase
- SoundCloud sharing
Here’s the official video intro to HarmonyWiz:
HarmonyWiz is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used HarmonyWiz, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!