Coffeeshopped has released CZ Touch – an iOS patch editor for the Casio CZ line of synthesizers.
CZ Touch gives you touch-based control over all of the voice parameters on your CZ synthesizer. Make a change on the screen, and the change is instantly sent to your synthesizer.
According to the developer, CZ-Touch supports the Casio CZ-101, CZ-1000, or CZ-5000.
- Save patches to your iOS device, with names
- Share/export your patches via email: patches are saved as sysex files that can be transmitted to your synthesizer by a sysex program.
- Copy/Paste envelopes between DCO, DCW, and DCA
- Create random patches
- Copy the current patch from your synth to your iOS device, for further editing
Use this app either with a MIDI adapter for your iOS device, or via a wireless MIDI connection to your Mac or PC, with your CZ synthesizer connected to your Mac or PC via MIDI.
- A Casio CZ synthesizer (CZ-101, CZ-1000, or CZ-5000)
- A MIDI adapter for your iOS device, OR a Mac or PC connected to your CZ via MIDI and a wi-fi connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device.
CZ Touch is available for US $14.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used CZ Touch, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!