TheWarp is a modern reinterpretation of the legendary ARP 2600 semimodular synthesizer, produced by ARP Intruments from 1970 to 1981.
TheWarp is based on the original schematics and is built with analogue components in traditional THT mounting and soldering process. According to the developers, the functions and technical specs are identical to those of the original instrument.
TheWarp’s front panel has been modernized to fit within standard 19″ rack size. The new instrument does, though, retain the graphic design, the size of the sections and feel of the original.
TheWarp Semimodular Analog Synthesizer
- 3 VCO’s each with sine, triangular, sawtooth and variable pulse waves (all oscillators are identical to VCO 2 of the original instrument), frequency range 0.05 Hz > 20 Khz
- 1 VCF / Resonator, 24db lowpass-type (2012 submodule version)
- 1 ADSR Envelope Generator
- 1 AR Envelope Generator
- 1 VCA with initial gain
- Ring Modulator
- Sample & Hold
- Noise Generator (low, pink and white noise)
- CV, Gate and Trig inputs (5-15V)
- 2 x 4 multiples.
TheWarp is 19″ wide, 12 U high (480 x 520 mm) and 13 cm (approx. 5 inch) deep, so it also fits (without the detachable power cable) in a pop-up mixer rack case like the SKB19-P12U.
Audio demos are available at TheWarp site.
Pricing and Availability
TheWarp is sold on a pre-order basis for CHF 3’400 (equals approx. UR $3,600 / 2800 Euro, plus shipping. TheWarp comes fully calibrated with a 2 years guarantee on defective parts and is shipped worldwide on a direct sales basis. See TheWarp site for details.