Sunday Synth Jam: Reader Guillermo Caceres let us know about this live synth pop performance by university group, Synt5.
Synt5 is a performance-focused synthesizer group, created in 2013 as an UFC university music project. The group specializes in synth repertoire, ranging from classic synthpop to modern-day electronic music.
The group plays hardware synths, with no syncing or MIDI control.
Every synth line was played live, with no computers involved and no syncing (other than their ears). The drums were reconstructed from scratch using Reaper, and then bounced to audio and imported to the Sp404. The only sample was Alison Moyet’s laughter.
From left to right, gear list and synth players were:
- Roland Juno Gi – João Marcos – Synth lead #1
- Sequential Sixtrak, Sp404 – Guillermo Caceres – Bass
- Korg Microkorg – Tchesco Oliveira – Rhythmic synth
- Yamaha An1x – George Frederick – Main synth riffs
- Clavia Nord Lead 2x – Raul Guimaraes – Synth lead #2
- Vocals – Zeca Filho