Cirocco Music Systems has announced the CMS 2607 6U Rack-Mount Integrated Synthesizer, which is like an ARP 2600 on steroids.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
We took all the features of the original ARP 2600, combined them with our world famous upgrades, added more cool stuff and then squeezed it all into a 6 space rack mount heavy duty enclosure.
This particular incarnation is the ‘2500 version’ that features a beautiful heavy duty brushed aluminum front panel. We are also currently making standard versions using grey and blue paint similar to the original ARP 2600 factory color schemes.
Initially, a very small quantity of special issue handmade 2607s will be made available to the general public until the factory produced models are available. These will be priced higher than the factory made mass produced units.
Additional features of the CMS 2607 include:
- 6 spaces (10.5 inches). Thick .100 precision machined front panel.
- Uses the original ARP 4000 series sub-module pin out. They can install old ARP sub-modules
- The CMS 4012 CX filter comes standard issue. They say that it is ‘better sounding, but true to the original design of the early 2600 filter.”
- The filter has 2 modes: CMS and ARP. The ARP mode maintains the original factory 4012 circuit. The CMS mode features the CMS 9004 dual mode filter.
- The VCF has an additional Highpass / Pseudo-notch out depending on the mode switch setting.
- Voltage processor 2 becomes the Post Filter Distortion circuit from the ARP Centaur when the PFD switch is engaged.
- Schmitt trigger or trigger detector for externally triggering Envelopes, SH, Etc. Doubles as a distortion device.
- A dedicated LFO
- S/H clock has sine out for additional LFO modulation.
- Tripped out E switch
- Octave switches
- Sync switch that syncs VCO-1 to VCO-3
- VCO3 has all 4 waveforms
- Uses the discrete wave-shapers from the 2500 – CMS notes that they sound better and produce better shaped waveforms.
- Both VCO-2 and VCO-3 actually produce a sine wave, not a rounded triangle like on the 2600.
- PWM on all 3 VCOs.
At this point, high-quality audio and video demos are still to come, but Cirocco shared this preview of a prototype in action:
Pricing and Availability
Price for one of the hand-made limited editions is $8699.00. (9,499.00 for units with early type VCOs) plus packing and shipping charges. Target price for the standard version 2607 will be 4999.00 USD . For details, see the CMS site.