Elektron has announced the successor to their Octatrack performance sampler. The Octatrack MKII is an eight-track performance sampler and sequencer, designed for both live performance and studio production with its combination of internal tracks, MIDI tracks and in- and outputs.
First introduced in late 2010, the Octatrack DPS-1 was a 8 track dynamic performance sampler with a maximum sample bit depth/sample rate: 16 bit/44.1 kHz
- OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly-lit environments
- Ultra durable back-lit buttons, rated for 50 million presses
- Contactless “silky smooth” performance crossfader
- Precise, hi-res encoders
- Increased number of dedicated buttons, enabling quicker workflow
- Balanced audio inputs with plenty of headroom
“Octatrack MKII will fulfill the needs of anybody who really wants to experiment with samples. And the tactile feel and visual feedback of the new buttons is such an aid when being on stage or improvising in the studio. Octatrack MKII is an outstanding live performance tool”, says Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron.
Octatrack MKII specifications:
- 8 stereo audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- Instant stereo sampling
- Real time sample time-stretch & pitch-shift
- 2 × insert FX per audio track
- 3 × LFO per track
- Live-friendly Elektron sequencer
- Contactless performance crossfader
- 1 × ¼” headphones output
- 2 × ¼” impedance balanced main output
- 2 × ¼” impedance balanced cue output
- 4 × ¼” balanced external input
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports
- Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen
- Precise hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons rated for 50 million presses
- W340 × D185 × H63 mm (8.5 × 7.2 × 2.5?) including knobs and rubber feet.
- Weight approx. 2.3 kg (5 lbs).
- Fully compatible with Octatrack MKI projects/data
Pricing & availability. Elektron’s Octatrack MKII will begin shipping August 2017, and is priced at €1449 ($1349US). For more information, consult the Elektron website.