Knob Lab is a free MIDI controller for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Knob Lab is designed to let you control Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, Protools, Traktor, and other popular DAWs right from your iPad.
Knob Lab can control devices over WiFi, Bluetooth, Virtual MIDI (inter app communication) or with a cable.
Knob Lab uses CoreMIDI to send MIDI signals so you can even hook it up to hardware synths using and iPad to MIDI cable. Continue reading
Synth designer Rob Papen shared this MIDI controller concept, RP-Control, via his Facebook page.
At this point, he’s just floating the concept for RP-Control to get input on the idea and to gauge interest. Continue reading
MIDI Sprout – a platform that is designed to let plants play synthesizers in real time – has been fully funded as a Kickstarter project.
The platform is part biofeedback and part data sonfication: Continue reading
Saturday Synth Porn: This photo captures Michel-Lag-Chavarria and a custom circular keyboard, created for Jean Michel Jarre.
Here’s what Michel Lâg-Chavarria has to say about the unusual keyboard: Continue reading
Morph Board is a free tool designed to make it easy to store, recall and morph presets on Liine’s Lemur app for the iPad. Continue reading
The Kickstarter fundraiser for Imitone – a ‘mind to MIDI’ app for Mac & Windows is down to its last 24 hours. It’s already fully funded, at close to 4 times the original funding goal.
The above video is a demo of Imitone in action. In the video, alpha tester Robin Lomax Bjerke explores using Imitone to control a Kontakt 4 cello virtual instrument, with control of expression and vibrato. Continue reading
midiSequencer for iPad – a software step sequencer – has been updated to version 1.5.
Here’s what’s new:
- Completely rewritten to use MidiBus library to get rock solid midi clock, messages and OMAC & enable future features (e.g. sysex & MTC).
- Now have 4 optional & independant midi controllers per step.
- Improved graphic performance on most controls & app switching (50% less CPU).
- Device panel allowing individual device(network, virtual, midi interface or app) setting of active(on/off), midi clock(active) & latency.
- Latency per interface from 0 to 1000ms for manual synchronisation control on external equipment and slow apps
- File save/load/rename/delete of working bank = named file of 20 snapshots + user entered description
- Skip buttons brings up moveable panel for easy changes during play
- Introduced note conform to scales (chromatic, major & harmonic minor ascending) with enharmonic note names.
- Increased gate% to 400 to allow extended note on (and therefore overlapping note play, longer/shorter ornaments etc)
- Clock multipler – now shows all 4 options at once for multiples.
- Ability to draw controls using swipe and instant place using double tap (both optional via settings).
- Banks can be shared via email and managed externally via iTunes file sharing.
The Hornberg Research HB1 MIDI Breath Station is a new MIDI controller that lets you add expression to electronic instrument with MIDI support.
The HB1 is designed to be a professional breath controller, going beyond the possibilities of previous designs. It offers control over 9 parameters (including Drive, Attack< Release, Limit, MIDI CC & more) and allows for 25 presets.
It offers standard MIDI and USB-ports, so the HB1 functions with or without a computer.
Here’s what they have to say about the HB1 MIDI Breath Station: Continue reading