MiMiX – a new mixing app for Audiobus – is now available.
Here’s what the developer has to say about MiMiX:
With MiMiX You can take total control of mixing of Your favorite Audiobus enabled apps’ outputs in the most convenient way. Just insert MiMiX into the Output Slot of Audiobus, even into multiple chains to mix the sound of the connected input or effect apps. You can even insert MiMIX into the input slot to send the mix to an other app, like a DAV to record the mix.
Here’s a video intro: Continue reading
This video is a sneak preview of MiMiX – a new mixer app for Audiobus.
MiMiX is designed to let you control and mix the output of multiple iPad music apps. Continue reading
Mackie has introduced the DL32R 32-channel digital mixing system – a system built from the ground up with wireless control in mind. The mixer works with Mackie’s Master Fader for iOS.
The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track recording/playback.
“Early on, Mackie believed that we can bring the user incredible benefits if we just let go of old conventions,” explains Mackie Senior Product Manager Ben Olswang. “By ensuring that each and every feature can be controlled wirelessly without compromise, we are delivering benefits to users that were simply not possible before now.” Continue reading
Mackie has introduced the new Mix Series Compact Mixers, with three new models:
- the Mix5 5-Channel Compact Mixer;
- the Mix8 8-Channel Compact Mixer; and
- ]the Mix12FX 12-Channel Compact Mixer with Effects.
Mix Series mixers are the most affordable mixer produced by Mackie. According to Mackie, the new line of mixers offer a feature set perfect for smaller applications. Continue reading
This week Universal Audio announced its new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, for use with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs and shipping early October.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators enable Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to run larger mixes filled with DSP-intensive plug-ins. These “desktop-friendly” units provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, SSL, and more.
The Alesis iO Mix iPad Recording Dock is featured in the latest episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. Continue reading
Tascam has introduced two new digital audio recorders with WiFi support, the DR-22WL Portable Recorder With WiFi and the DR-44WL Portable Recorder with WiFi.
The DR-22WL, right, s the first portable recorder to include WiFi for transport control, file transfer, and audio streaming to your smartphone or PC.
- WiFi transport control for remote start
- File transfer and streaming to smartphones or computers over WiFi
- Free control and transfer app for iOS and Android
- Free file transfer software for Mac & Windows
- New stereo condenser microphones arranged in close XY pattern
- New mic preamp and A/D converters for better sound quality and longer battery life
- High volume recording – up to 120dB SPL
- 8-position Scene Dial for typical recording situations, including full manual setting
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording (WAV/BWF) or MP3 recording
- 1/8” stereo mic input with plug-in power
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Supports up to 128GB microSDXC card (4GB microSDHC card included)
- Variable Speed Audition changes speed without changing the pitch for transcription or learning new music
Is automatic online mastering any good?
Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd, who recently shared a series of videos on creating a home mastering studio, looks at LANDR, an instant online mastering service. Continue reading