Spektro Audio has updated CV Toolkit – a Mac/Windows app that’s designed to let you integrate your computer as a control voltage source with hardware modular synthesizers.
The new update includes five new modules (Shift Register, Shaper, Delay, PWM Clock, and Euclidean Sequencer), support for the Expert Sleepers ES-4, ES-40, ESX-4CV, and ESX-8CV modules (still in an experimental stage but working fine according to my tests), a new pitch detection algorithm that vastly improves VCO calibration, and various improvements and bug fixes.
Here are details on the new modules: Continue reading
This series of videos, via William Mathewson, demos a new series of Eurorack modules, created as a collaboration between WMD and Steady State Fate. Continue reading
In this video, Sweetwater’s Daniel Fisher fires up the new Moog System 55 modular synth. Continue reading
Synthrotek has introduced the MST Eurorack Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter – a collaboration with synth pioneer George Mattson.
The MST Low Pass Filter is a precision analog dual-slope output 2 & 4 pole filter. It offers simultaneous -12 DB and -24 DB outputs, with CV control over all parameters. It can also be used as a 1V/O sine wave oscillator.
- Manual control of cutoff frequency
- Manual Control of Resonance (Q)
- 1V/O input for clean sine wave output
- CV Frequency input w/ attenuator
- Resonance CV input w/ attenuator
- Audio input
- Simultaneous -12 db and -24 db/octave outputs
ADDAC System has released a series of videos, demoing its ADDAC702 Dual Voltage Controlled Filter.
It’s the company’s first voltage-controlled variable filter, inspired by the original Korg MS-20 filter.
- Two independent filters, a High-Pass and a Low-Pass with dedicated audio inputs and outputs.
- Besides individual outputs the HP and LP are also sent to a voltage-controlled Mix between the HP and LP filters.
- Both Cutoff and Resonance are voltage-controlled with dedicated cv attenuator pots.
- Switch for selecting between normal cutoff behaviour and an adjustable Smooth circuit to simulate a vactrol behaviour for cutoff control.
- Switch for setting filters Filters in Parallel, independent, or Series: HP into LP.
- Inspired by the Oscar synthesizer we added a Coupling switch to tie the HP Cutoff control to the LP Cutoff control, in this case the LP cutoff controls act as an offset from HP setting.
- Three position switch selects different resonance clipping paths: diodes / no clipping / leds.
- Both filters features a post Distortion/Fuzz circuit that adds extra harmonics adds an even deeper growl or extra gritiness to it.
- All audio outputs HP, Mix and LP feature a switch for choosing phase output, allowing additive or subtractive mixes.
- Three LEDs monitor the amplitude of the three outputs: HP, Mix, LP.
Here are the official demo videos: Continue reading
Frédéric Sebton created this custom Verbos Composition Suitcase, designed to resemble the vintage suitcase synthesizers of the early 70s, like the Buchla Electric Music Box (1970) and the EMS Synthi AKS (1972). Continue reading
At the 2015 NAMM Show, Minigorille introduced several new Eurorack modules, including the Geometry Synth and the CV Graphic. Continue reading
TouellSkouarn has introduced the Hirlostek – self-powered white noise source for the Moog Minitaur.
The Hirlostek cable contains an electronic circuit, powered by the 5v available at the ring of some Moog modules, including the Moogerfooger, Little Phatty & Minitaur. Continue reading