Integra Live is a new application that’s designed to it easy to use interactive audio processing to create new music. According to the developers, it ‘opens up new possibilities for those seeking an entry point into interactive live electronics?.
With Integra Live you don?t have to write code or patch objects to create interesting live processing. Neither do you have to deal with the complexities of finding, loading and learning external plugins. The software provides a library of built-in audio processing modules to let you get started with interactive audio. Continue reading
AIR Music Technology has expanded their virtual instrument offerings with Vacuum Pro Polyphonic Analog Tube Synthesizer and Loom Modular Additive Synthesizer:
- Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic ‘analog tube’ synthesizer.
- Loom is a new modular additive synthesizer.
Here are the details. Continue reading
Expert Sleepers has announced their first Max/MSP externals.
These native Max objects support the ES-4, ES-5 and ESX-4CV modules, so it is no longer necessary to use the Silent Way plug-ins to drive these modules from Max. Continue reading
Exclusively Analogue has announced status on shipping synth modules and some new modules.
These modules are currently available to order:
- The Universal Active Filter is a faithful reproduction of the Emu module.
- The VCO Range Switch module allows instant octave shifting of any 1Volt/octave VCO. 3 individual VCOs can be controlled by this unit and. although designed for the Emu system. it can be fitted to any modular provided there is a suitable Power Supply.
- The Pot Pourri module is their take on the Emu Pot Pourri module and includes 2 Low Frequency Oscillators, 2 Analogue Inverters, a basic Noise Source, and a Sample and Hold (S&H).
Upcoming modules include:
- The 2340 Voltage Controlled Lag Processor performs a rate-limiting function on its input; it introduces a linear or exponential slide in the output voltage if the input voltage changes faster than a certain rate. Typically it is used to process control voltages?for example, it can give voltage controlled portamento when its input is a keyboard control voltage and it can turn a gate into a voltage controlled attack/release transient generator.
- The 2430 Ring Modulator is a balanced modulator for electronic music. The module has two inputs, modulation and carrier, which are identical for high signal levels. The output is the algebraic product of the input voltages: Vout = Vmod x Vcar ÷ 5 when the input attenuators are fully clockwise and the coupling switches are in the DC position. AC coupling will level-shift the corresponding input so it effectively centers around zero volts. This can have a striking effect on the output signal, due to the inherent non-linearity of balanced modulation.
Details are available at the Exclusively Analogue site.
Special Stage Systems has introduced Ming Mecca, a new Eurorack modular system described as a ‘voltage-controlled videogame console’.
Here’s what they have to say about the new Euro video synthesizer:
With the heart of a video synthesizer and the brain of a videogame console, Ming Mecca is the first of its kind: an ontological toy, a videogame easel, and a love letter to all things retrofuture. Designed for use in Eurorack format synthesizers but built to meet the demands of even the most seasoned micro-galactic interlopers, Ming Mecca modules will take your rig where no rig has gone before.
Here’s the official video intro: Continue reading
Developer Taylor Holliday has released a new version of Audulus, his modular software synth for iOS and Mac OS X. Continue reading