Last week, synth pioneer Wolfgang Palm (wavetable synthesis, the PPG Wave synthesizer, PPG WaveMapper for iOS) teased a new plugin on his Facebook page.
Francis Preve offers his take on Wolfgang Palm’s new PPG WaveMapper for iPad in the latest issue of Keyboard magazine.
Preve calls WaveMapper ‘an incredibly deep synthesizer’ and praises its user-friendly approach to patch-creation:
Palm takes an elegantly simple concept – mixing and matching important aspects of multiple synth patches – and implements them in a manner that’s strikingly like a board game.
This video features synth designer Wolfgang Palm, creator of the PPG and wavetable synthesis, demonstrating editing with PPG WaveMapper.
In this video, Wolfgang Palm shows how to edit sounds in PPG WaveGenerator for iPad.
PPG MiniMapper is a performance synthesizer with a wide range of sounds for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- New Sound map concept – create new sounds playful and experimental
- Map Recorder generates new programs on the fly
- Features the same audio engine that powers the highly popular PPG WaveMapper
- Arptor – a flexible Step Sequencer / Arpeggiator combination
- Schematic touch keyboard – zoom and scrollable
- Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Powerful sound browser – sorting by category, bank management
- Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and polypressure
- Sending/receiving the Icon positions and X/Y performers
- Audiobus support
- 10 min Audio recorder and Audio Copy
- Context specific help for all pages
- Easy data exchange between MiniMapper and WaveMapper
Here’s a video demo of MiniMapper in action: Continue reading
Wolfgang Palm does an extensive show and tell of his new baby the PPG MiniMapper for iPhone and iPod Touch.
PPG MiniMapper is expected to be available in late April, 2013.