The Mixxx team is proud to announce the final release of Mixxx 1.7.0.
Mixxx 1.7.0 features an overhauled MIDI mapping system with advanced scripting capabilities, improvements to vinyl control, and many other tweaks and optimizations.
The new MIDI scripting engine allows both users and developers to add complex behaviour to their MIDI devices.
Download Mixxx here. If you’ve used Mixxx, leave a comment with your thoughts!
New in Mixxx 1.7.0:
- Improved MIDI device support:
- MIDI learning wizard
- MIDI mapping editor
- Upgraded, faster mapping system
- MIDI output now fully supported on Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Added full support for the Stanton SCS.3d and SCS.1m on all platforms.
- Hercules MK2 and RMX improvements
- Added Mixman DM2 mappings for Linux and OS X.
- Vinyl Control:
- Scratching responsiveness improved, with needle-skip prevention option added.
- Signal quality indicators added to vinyl control preferences.
- Improved support for soundcards with multiple stereo inputs
- Convenience features:
- The default skin is now widescreen, and fits nicely on netbook sized screens.
- Stereo master VU meter added.
- Cue points are now saved in the library for each track, with “auto-recall” cue option added to preferences.
- Support for more platforms: 64-Bit Windows and a Universal OS X package for 10.4+.
- Over 100 bug fixes.