This video offers a short introduction to Eloquence, a new MIDI-Step-Sequencer from Sugar Bytes.
Eloquence retails for 99€ / 129USD. Registered ERA users will receive a crossgrade offer for 69€ / 89USD.
- Pitch – The pitch sequencer works in relation to the root key and transposes it by +/- 12 semitones. It can work in chromatic mode or in scaled mode which expands the tonal capabilities a lot. In addition, the pitch sequencer has a flexible recording function.
- Lock – Lock is part of the pitch sequencer. An active step deactivates the midi transposing. This is useful for keeping important notes and chords in key while transposing the sequence.
- Gate – The Gate Sequencer creates notes and determines their velocity.
- Mute – The Mute Sequencer is part of the Gate Sequencer and mutes the selected step.
- Gate Time – The Gate Time Sequencer determines how long a note is held. Notes can be held up to four times the duration of a step.
- Octave – This sequencer moves the pitch the pitch by +/- 2 octaves.
- Pitchbend – Here you can select from 12 pitch bend figures to be engaged.
- Chord – A Chord is generated using the current note in the pitch sequencer as the root note. Six Variations and four wrap-arounds for major and minor plus six special chords like diminished and augmented are available.
- Break – This sequencer lets you set a multi-trigger at 2, 3, or 4 times the normal sequencer speed, playing the current scale up or downwards or just repeating the current note. 18 breaks are available.
- Random – Each sequencer step can be replaced by a random value. Minor and major chords can be individually randomized to maintain the harmonic structure.
- Gatetime – The Gate Time can be increased or decreased, depending on how long you press the button.
- Velo Gate – The note will only play if it is above the selected velocity threshold.
- Looper – The selected part of the sequence will be looped.
- Slowdown – The sequence slows down until it come to a dead stop.
- Retrigger – Re-trigger the sequence by re-triggerpressing the button; upon release, the sequencer continues at its normal position.
- Halftime – The sequence will play at half speed.
- Octave Up – The sequence will play one octave higher as long as you press the button.
- Mute – Mutes all data output.
- Internal synthesizer to create patterns on the fly.
- Special workaround for sending MIDI with the AU plugin.
- Instant keyboard control for Transpose, Pattern Select, Action Section.
- Pattern Sequencer.
- Sample-accurate timing.
- Individual trigger and sync options, swing function.
Eloquence is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 99 EUR / $129 USD.