Image Line Software has released a beta version of Drumaxx – a new percussion modeling instrument that gives you control over physically modeled drums that can be routed to independent outputs for external effects processing.
At the core of Drumaxx is a model of the drum-head. Here the vibrating membrane is represented as a mesh of interconnected points, each point is given physical properties including mass, inertia, stiffness, damping, and all that good physics stuff. For the musician, this means Drumaxx can model the drum-head with multiple parameters such as material, thickness, tension and shape. More importantly, the parameters can be modulated in real-time as a function of velocity or external controls. The drum body is also modeled, in terms of material, size, vibration damping, and shape. All this gives you multi-dimensional performance possibilities, a Matrix of variables simulating the complexity and subtlety of hitting a real drum.
- 16 Physically modeled drum pads
- Multi-output for individual effects processing on each pad
- Huge range of modeling possibilities covering sounds from cymbals to kettle-drums
- Velocity modulation matrix for detailed expressiveness
- Integrated Stepsequencer with trigger-key playback
- Integrated effects
- Single-pad version ‘Drumpad’ available for tight integration with FL Studio Stepsequencer
via Mr Drummy