The Tyrell synthesizer – a slice of sexy synth vaporware dreamt up by German online music community Amazona.de – is making the jump from vaporware to software, according to Amazona Editor Peter Grandl:
our project TYRELL will become reality. ))
First as a Software Synthesizer, programmed by U-He (from the inventors of ZEBRA 2) and hopefully later as an analog hardware device.
Urs Heckman is working on a Synth-project called DIVA. One part of the project is developing a module which is based on the ROLAND Juno 60. Exactly this synth was also the base for the AMAZONA.de Reader-Survey. Now, Urs will bring both ideas together and will create TYRELL – N6 as the first TYRELL Clone.
Since the last letter we have been contacted by three companies from Europe and China. Each of these companies has expressed interest to realize TYRELL.
PS: BTW – the Software Version of U-He will be free of charge for amazona.de readers. We expected a beta-version before Christmas this year!!
Here are the Googlish specs for the original Tyrell synthesizer hardware synth design:
- 2 oscillators
- Synchronisation of the oscillators, FM and ring modulation as well as pulse width modulation are intended.
- The waveform-shaping are flowing and rich of sine (for FM and ring modulation interesting) up to two special „intoxication “- forms, in order to be able to make on oscillator basis also Sync or FM with them and generally extend by the sound pallet. The waveform-shaping can be adjusted so also in their symmetry and modulated (pulse width modulation).
- Ring modulator with different points of pick-up. It hardly dares a manufacturer to feed the ring modulator differently than with the two oscillator signals. Here there is a choice to include the filter with.
- Modulation bus for filters and oscillator separately
- Special mixture range, which finally causes additionally saturation, in extreme attitudes distortion and feedback, therefore please never push the automatic controllers immediately completely upward.
- Multi-mode filter with the characteristic for the determination of the range of the bandpass filter, as well as special saturation and sound characteristics of different typical structure forms of filters (construction unit-oriented)
- Retriggerbare and jagged ADSR envelopes through „LFOs “(here modulation oscillators called, since we do not attach importance on „slowly “.
- Modulation Sequencer can steer arbitrary parameters
- Two modulation oscillators beginning with MIDI Clock option and Shaping, as well as switchable different random variants, with the classical „SAM-polarize & Hold “and Fade in or Fade out alternatively and hue control
Are you interested in the Tyrell synth design as a software synthesizer?