iPad Music Software: Museami ImproVox (App Store Link) is a new vocal instrument for iOS.
ImproVox doesn’t offer the features of high-end dedicated vocal effects processors – but it does offer a powerful set of options in a cheap ($3.99) package.
- Real-time vocal pitch correction
- Real-time 4-part harmonization in varying styles (Choral, Pop, Barbershop, Jazz, Baroque)
- Customizable key and scale selection (with a voice-controlled key selector)
- Traditional effects – reverb, echo, stutter, and cavern
- Abstract effects – ring modulator, bit crusher, flanger, and auto-wah
- Change and mix any harmony style and effect while you sing
- Shake the device to set echo times
- Recording capabilities with .m4a and .wav file-saving
- Overdub function allows you to layer your recordings with multiple performances
- Sharing capabilities via the device’s email client, SoundCloud, and iTunes document sharing.
- Import function allows you to import tracks from your iTunes library or SoundCloud, allowing you to collaborate with people from all over the world
Musami Improvox Description:
Real-time pitch correction and harmonization enable you to create lush harmonies as you sing – and always sound in tune! Add vibrant textures with effects like reverb, echo, and flanger, record your performance and share it with friends.
With new overdub and sharing features, it’s possible to collaborate with people from all over the world. Download tracks from other ImproVox users with SoundCloud and overdub your own parts, or take your favorite song from your iTunes library, and sing along.
Harmonies and effects are controlled via two large touch pads. Changing the sound of your voice is as easy as moving your fingers across the screen, and you don’t need to know any music theory. Because effect and harmony characteristics can be changed while you sing, the sonic possibilities are endless. Create reverberant rock hits and cavernous choral compositions, or just speak into the mic and transform your voice using abstract effects.
Never before have so many powerful features been bundled into one easy-to-use App. With state-of-the-art audio processing and a sophisticated yet intuitive feature set, it’s both easy to enjoy and a challenge to master. Controls are simple and immediately gratifying, while recording and sharing is easy and straightforward. With 5 unique harmony styles and 8 different effects to choose from, you can make your music as simple or complex as you choose. All it takes is the desire to explore — and create.
ImproVox – improvising choral sounds
A recording of someone using ImproVox, a new App available for iPad & iPhone 3GS. The recording is made in one take, with all harmonies and effects added and adjusted in real-time by the user.