IK Multimedia announced SampleTank for iOS back in July, but today they released this demo video that shows the rompler in action.
In essence, SampleTank for iOS turns an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into a 4-part multi-timbral sound module.
t features a sound set of over 900 MB of samples for 400+ acoustic, electric and electronic instruments (including a selection of the best workstation sounds from SampleTank, orchestral sounds from Miroslav Philharmonik and synths sounds from SampleMoog). It also includes a selection of over 900 melodic and rhythmic patterns, from a variety of musical genres.
- 4-part multi-timbral live sound module
- 1GB on-board sound library with 500 instruments in 20 categories
- Huge selection of melodic and rhythmic patterns for accompaniment or groove creation
- Choose from 20 insert FX with 4 available insert FX per part
- Master send effect for reverb and delay
- Easy-to-use, intuitive mobile interface
- Dedicated performance and editing windows
- Designed in concert with iRig MIDI interface for iOS devices
Availability is to be announced.
4 thoughts on “SampleTank For iOS – A 4-Part Multi-Timbral Sound Module (Sneak Preview)”
Shame shame shame. Looks like all the thought was put into the store icon and irig prduct placement. What a cool way to waste precious screen realestate. I wonder why they didnt demo this tiny app on the tiny iphone. lol
Heres an idea:
Make a Mimik -kind of sampler for iPhone! Thusly:
Also make Nord Modular kind of synth ASAP!
Wow, that was exceptionally disappointing! I wanted to see if the app could be a versatile midi sample engine that would let me leave my laptop at home, and they showed me yet another app that says “Look at all the cool beats and loops you can make without even having to be a musician.”
I think it sounds awesome personally. Here is another video I found on their Youtube of them going through more sounds