At the 2014 NAMM Show, iConnectivity announced iConnectAUDIO4+, their newest audio and MIDI interface for Mac, PC, and iOS.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is a multi-host audio and MIDI interface for MAC, PC, and iOS that combines several of iConnectivity’s technologies in a single device.
- Multi-Host and Host Port – use two computer devices (Mac / PC / iOS) at once, or use a single computing device with several and/or MIDI peripherals (with class-compliant devices connected to a powered USB hub.)
- Audio and MIDI passThru routes audio digitally between two computing devices
- 4 XLR – 1/4″ TRS combo analog inputs
- 4 – 1/4″ TRS balanced analog outputs
- 1 X 1 regular MIDI in/out
- iConfig software (Mac, Windows, iOS) makes it simple to set up filtering/routing/merging scenes – which are also stored in flash memory on the device
- High-resolution audio – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion
- USB audio and MIDI Class-Compliant for easy, plug-and-play set up
- Charges an iOS device
iConnectAUDIO4+’s Multi-Host technology supports multiple audio and MIDI peripherals, as well as also multiple computing devices, all at once, allowing any combination of up to 2 Mac, PC, and iOS devices to share iConnectAUDIO4+’s I/O.
iConnectivity’s multi-host and Audio and MIDI passThru technologies bridge iOS, Macs, and PCs in a professional environment, with many practical applications. Control a virtual instrument or any music program running on one computer device from another device. Audio and MIDI signals flow back and forth without extra cables, and without audio degradation.
The Host Port is another unique technology. Many peripherals use USB for MIDI I/O, but an iOS device can only access one of them with its single port. The iConnnectAUDIO4+ Host Port eliminates that limitation by accommodating several Class-Compliant USB MIDI devices at the same time.
iConnectivity’s iConfig software for iOS, MAC, PC (included) offers control over iConnectAUDIO4+’s I/O, providing direct control over audio and MIDI routing. Snapshots are then stored in flash memory on the device.
Pricing and Availability.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is projected to be commercially available worldwide mid-2014. Its MSRP and projected street price are to be determined. For more information, check out the iConnectivity website.