Jazzman Ltd is back with an update to its Patch Morpher app, which works as a patch generator, editor, librarian and an interactive performance tool for synthesizers.
Patch Morpher 2 introduces some major new features. In addition to the four new synths supported, it includes some powerful enhancements to the patch generator, which give the user a lot more control.
Richard Meyer, developer of Patch Morpher, says, “Users can also now ‘morph’ each section independently: pitch, tone, filter, envelopes, effects, etc. Combined with the ‘Nearest’ option in the Patch Generator, it now possible to copy entire parameter sections form your favorite patches to mix and match how you please.”
The full list of new features are:
- Support for 4 new synths: Access Virus TI, Waldorf Blofeld and Pulse 2, Dave Smith Mopho
- “Significantly enhanced” patch generator with independent control of each parameter group, as well as many additional or refined options to control filter and effect types, filter routings, oscillators types etc.
- Auto-layout and locking of patches on the screen, so you can “maximize your real-estate” and don’t have to move things around during performance.
- Sharper graphics throughout to match each synth, and performance improvements.
- Supports all the new features in the latest Prophet 12 OS, including the new step sequencer and the filters on the delay lines.
- Updated with “many user requests,” such as the ability to play the keyboard to enter step sequences on the DSI synths.
Meyer adds, “Overall this is a much more refined application with a lot more functionality, and I think it keeps its innovative edge.”
Pricing and Availability
Patch Morpher 2 is a free iOS application, available via the iTunes app store. Additional features are available through in-app purchase.