Image-Line has announced FL Studio 12 – an update to its popular Windows DAW. Version 12, now in beta testing, totally reworks the user interface and adds user-requested features.
If you already own FL Studio, you will get free access to the FL Studio 12 Beta and to FL Studio 12 release.
Here’s a video intro to the update:
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio 12 (beta):
- Fully reworked scalable interface – Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit
- Multi-touch – Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer.
- Browser – New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar
- Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
- Fruity Formula Controller – Updated, new UI.
- Fruity Envelope Controller – Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs,
- New UI.
- Fruity Keyboard Controller – Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is available in bundles starting at US $99. The beta is now available to download for registered Image-Line forum users (registration is free).