2015 NAMM Show: CME has introduced the Xkey37 – a new version of its portable Xkey MIDI control keyboard that offers an extra octave and enhanced MIDI connectivity.
- Lightweight brushed aluminum chassis.
- Piano-size velocity sensitive keys
- Polyphonic aftertouch
- WQuick-touch multiple octaves up/down plus sustain, pitch bend and modulation
- Improved MIDI connectivity
- Plug & play compatible with Apple iOS, Android, Windows and Mac devices.
The new Xkey37 features enhanced MIDI functionality with the Xport feature.
“Xport enables the Xkey37 to connect directly to external MIDI controllers without connecting to a PC or tablet. This unlocks the full range of MIDI features for pro musicians,” notes CME Chief Technical Officer Jérome Dumas. “We have also included upgradable firmware so that Xkey37 will stay at the cutting edge of MIDI compatibility and functionality.”
See the CME site for a detailed comparison of the new Xkey37 vs the original Xkey25.