2015 NAMM Show: Expert Sleepers has announced the FH-1 ‘faderHost’ – a new Eurorack module that lets you directly connect USB MIDI controllers to your modular synthesizer.
This lets you use standard MIDI controllers, iPads and more to directly control your modular synth, with a total of 8 outputs.
In addition, the FH-1 also offers:
- LFOs on each output
- Step sequencers
- Polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion and more.
Here are some video demos:
Expert Sleepers FH-1 with a Korg nanoKEY polyphony
Expert Sleepers FH-1 sequencer demo with Launch Control XL
Expert Sleepers FH-1 and iPad / TouchOSC
Expert Sleepers FH-1 and Lemur
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 43mm
- Current draw: 70mA on the +12V rail, 30mA on the -12V rail (100mA total)
plus the power requirement of the attached USB device.
- Outputs: 8
- Digital-to-analogue conversion: 14 bit
- Voltage range: jumper selectable between ±5V, 0-10V, 0-5V
- Inputs: 2 digital inputs for clocks etc.
- USB socket: Type A
- The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a ‘slot’ rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 10 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.