At the 2015 NAMM Show, Korg has introduced the Kaoss DJ, a USB and standalone DJ controller.
The Kaoss DJ features a built-in Kaoss Pad, Korg’s touch pad-based effects control surface. Compatible with any MIDI-compatible DJ software, Kaoss DJ also integrates with Serato DJ Intro software (available as a free download).
LED level meters on both sides of the body provide the user visual feedback. The Korg Kaoss DJ boasts cueing, hot cues, looping, A/B sync, touch platters, pitch controls, EQ, FX on/off control, powerful Kaoss effects and more. Kaoss DJ also includes 2 stereo inputs and a mic input which can be used with the on-board USB audio interface. Away from the computer, KAOSS DJ can also function as a traditional stand-alone multi-channel DJ mixer.
Overview and Specifications
- Multi-function DJ controller/mixer in a slim, compact body
- Built-in KAOSS pad *Serato DJ Intro (Free Download) *2 ch Mixer
- Connections: CD/LINE x 2 stereo (RCA), MIC x 1 (1/4 inch Phone)
- Output: MASTER OUT x 1 stereo (RCA), Headphone Monitor OUT x 1 (1/4 inch Phone)
- Other terminals: USB x 1(Type B), Audio I/O, Input 1, Output 2,*Sampling Rate: 24 bit, 44.1kHz / 48 kHz *Frequency: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: less than 0.002% (USB) *S/N Rate: More than 100 dB (USB)
- Power Supply: 5V USB Buss Power
- Dimensions & Weight: 307(W) x 158(H) x 42(D) mm, 730g
- Accessories: USB cable
Pricing and availability for the Korg Kaoss DJ are to be announced.