Today at the 2015 NAMM Show, Novation unveiled the newest iteration of their popular grid controller series, the Launchpad Pro.
With this professional grid instrument, Novation has given the classic Launchpad an overhaul – adding velocity and pressure sensitive pads, RGB LED feedback and improved control.
The Launchpad Pro has been designed to keep the user focused on their performance: easily and immediately apply effects, “dip in and out” of specific mixer controls at the touch of a button, and switch between four key modes:
- Session Mode: immediately trigger and combine your clips.
- Note Mode: create dynamic beats and play the grid just like an instrument.
- Device Mode: easily apply effects to your performance.
- User Mode: create unique custom performances and layouts.
Here’s the official video intro to the Launchpad Pro:
Designed for live performance, Launchpad Pro’s new RGB pads light up to match the color of the user’s clips in Ableton Live, displaying at a glance which clips are playing.
In Note Mode, Launchpad Pro automatically switches the layout for drum or instrument devices. With drums, all the user’s sounds are available, spread across the entire 8 x 8 grid. With instruments, the grid illuminates as a chromatic keyboard, enabling the Launchpad Pro user to handily play notes, melodies, and chords.
The Launchpad Pro can also be used with any of the user’s music software and external hardware in Standalone Mode: for example, plug the unit straight into Logic Pro, and play it like a keyboard; connect the MIDI ports to a Bass Station II and play riffs on the Launchpad Pro grid.
Launchpad Pro is bundled with everything needed to get started, including cables and software, and can be bus-powered over USB. The grid controller is also class-compliant and doesn’t need any drivers; “install the software, plug in and start performing.”
Launchpad Pro at a Glance
1. Integrate seamlessly with Ableton Live
2. Control a variety of other music software and external hardware
3. Play using RGB pads that match the color of your clips
4. Create expressive beats on drum racks spread across the whole 8 x 8 grid
5. Easily play notes, melodies and chords on an illuminated chromatic keyboard
6. Get immediate, slick access to all your mixer controls
7. Control your effects and instrument mid-performance
8. Download and control a growing library of Max for Live devices
9. Compact, lightweight, tough and bus-powered
10. Comes with everything you need to start
Pricing and Availability
Novation’s Launchpad Pro will be available for purchase Spring 2015, with a US MAP of $299.99. For more information, go to the Novation website.