The BeatStep Pro has been designed to let you work with MIDI, USB, CV/Gate, or DIN Sync-equipped gear.
Here’s a hand-on overview of the new Beatstep Pro:
In the video, via sonicstate, Alex Theakston from Source Distribution talks with host Nick Batt about the new Beatstep Pro controller & sequencer.
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step
- Note tie
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons and velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes
- 16 Projects, each with 16×2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map.
- Performance controls
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch sensitive knobs
- Tap Tempo
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates)
- 8 drum gate outputs
- Clock sync with multiple standards
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors
- USB class compliant
- Kensington lock
BeatStep Pro is expected to be shipping by mid-July, 2015 and has a street price of about US $250. See the Arturia site for details.