Audreio has released Revival, a ‘drawbar synthesizer’ that’s designed to do traditional organ sounds, but also much more.
Originally released as a Reason Rack extension, Revival has undergone a full UI update and has been ported to other plugin formats. Now available as Audio Unit, Pro Tools’ AAX, VST3, and VST2, on both the Mac and Windows platforms.
“Revival is equally at home emulating classic instruments such as a Hammond B3, as well as going far beyond the analog sounds into rich and complex electronic textures, leads, basses, and much more,” says George Persiantsev, CTO of Audreio. “This incredible sonic palette is founded in the unique combination of drawbar additive-synthesis, harmonic modifiers, vintage effects, and a rotary speaker emulator.”
- Four drawbar sections (attack, primary and secondary sustain, and release) control the tone of each part of a note’s evolution. The two sustain layers can be mixed or crossfaded.
- 17 selectable wavesets for each drawbar —Sine, Tone Wheel, Transistor (3), Saw (5), Square (5), Triangle, Noise (2)— to create the base textures.
- 14 Harmonic Modifier types assignable individually to each drawbar. Each modifier has a variable ‘color’ control and it can be modulated with envelope shapes, as well as note and velocity modifier scaling.
- Rotary Speaker / cabinet-emulation (15 types) includes classic rotary speakers with alternate miking, pan control, balance and air controls.
- Built-in effects rack:
- Tube and transistor-modeled preamps (6 models) with drive and tone controls.
- Vintage stereo phaser (3 models) with built-in LFO.
- Multi-mode mod-filter (11 types) with variable resonance and built-in LFO.
- Rich, high-density reverb/plate/room-simulator (9 types) with variable reverb-time, pre-delay and left/right stage-position.
- Rack-delay (7 echo configurations).
- Master limiter with variable threshold (ceiling) to manage rogue peaks and maximize perceived level.
- 16-voice polyphony (with another 16 transition-voices).
- 400+ Presets.
Revival is now available for purchase via the Audreio website, for US $99.
System requires an Audio Unit, VST3, or AAX compatible host and OS X 10.9 or higher, or Windows 8 64-bit or higher.