Bitwig has released Bitwig Studio 2.2, a major update to the cross-platform DAW that adds Ableton Link support, new modulators & more.
Here’s what’s new in Bitwig Studio 2.2:
- ABLETON LINK – Bitwig Studio offers a number of ways to integrate with other technology: MIDI, MIDI Clock Master/Slave, MTC, CV & Gate and hardware audio clock; Ableton Link is the latest addition. Bitwig Studio 2.2 supports Ableton’s Link technology out of the box, allowing users to connect multiple instances of Bitwig Studio via network connection (Wi-Fi and Ethernet), and to a vast range of music software such as Ableton Live, Reason, NI Traktor, NI Maschine and Serato DJ, as well as a growing number of iOS and Android apps.
- TIME SHIFT DEVICE – This device allows for fine-grained time adjustments anywhere in the device chain.
- NEW MODULATORS – Bitwig Studio 2.2 comes with four new modulator devices:
- POLYNOM: The Polynom allows you to feed modulation signals into a mathematical formula (y(x) = x?+x¹ +x²+x³) to achieve sophisticated and flexible transformations.
- QUANTIZE: Reshape any modulation signal and give an edge to smooth curves with the Quantize modulator.
- SAMPLE AND HOLD: The Sample and Hold modulator introduces chaos and breathes life into your modulation setup—randomized or ordered.
- AUDIO RATE: Grab any audio signal in your project as a modulation source.
- ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD PANEL – This input panel is now available on more display profiles. It’s a handy way to play notes directly on screen, using touch screen or mouse. It allows for multidimensional polyphonic expression (or MPE) input and doubles as a visualization of note playback.
- DUAL DISPLAY (STUDIO/TOUCH) – Connect a touch screen to your existing setup and enjoy the best of both worlds: touch input optimization on one screen, and full feature view on the other.
- SOUND CONTENT – Rare Organs and Keys includes samples of three rare, vintage organs – every note of every dry register sampled individually (drawbar) – and crafted into virtual instruments ready to be played. Enjoy the historic sounds of “Farfisa Syntorchestra,”, “Philicorda” and the very rare model “VOX Continental Baroque.” Bitwig also added the Bösendorfer grand piano to the update, professionally sampled in stereo, every key in up to three velocities, and crafted into a multisample instrument.
Price and Availability
Bitwig Studio 2.2 is available as a free update for all Bitwig Studio 2 license holders.
- Bitwig Studio 2 MAP: 379 EUR / 399 USD
- Upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 to Bitwig Studio 2 MAP: 159 EUR / 169 USD