The latest loopop video takes a look at the Electro-Harmonix Superego+ multi-effects pedal.
Here’s what loopop as to say about the demo:
The SuperEgo+ adds more subtle control and multi-effects to the infinite freeze, layering and glissando capabilities of its predecessor.
In the review I test the pedal with different sounds including guitar, piano and various synth waveforms. I also go through the various multi effects in the Superego+, which are designed to help give texture to frozen sounds.
Finally, it turns out the expression pedal input of the SuperEgo+ can also accept CV…! So I hooked it up to an analog synth to show that the effects can be modulated – quite a feat for a “guitar pedal”. I demo LFO and Envelope modulation.
- Creates synth effects, sound layers, glissandos, infinite sustain and more
- Four Freeze modes
- Built-in effects section with 11 effect types
- EXP input for effect parameter control
- EXP Presets sweep between snapshots of 7 knob parameters; create and save one set of snapshots for each FX type
- Live Effects mode where the dry signal is routed thru the built-in effects and the internal synth engine is disabled
- EXT jack for a 3-button controller
Pricing and Availability
The Superego+ has a street price of around US $250. See the EHX site for more info.
One thought on “Electro-Harmonix Superego+ Multi-Effects Pedal Hands-On Demo”
I love my superego – I just wish they would make a stereo version