Squarp Instruments – the company behind the Pyramid sequencer – has announced that their Hermod ‘modular brain’ is now available to pre-order.
Hermod brings together a powerful step sequencer, a CV looper, a real-time effect processor, LFO generators and a bi-directional MIDI-USB-CV input/output interface.
- Record a performance via CV inputs, the USB HOST, the USB DEVICE and the MIDI input.
- Create and edit tracks with the STEP mode and its piano roll and automation view.
- Generate crazy patterns with the randomization tool.
- Hermod is polymetric, it means that each track can have a different length, from 1 step to 64 steps (256 quarter notes).
- ‘Zoom in’ to increase the resolution of the step sequencer.
- Polymorphic tracks – a track can be a simple mono CV/GATE voice, but can be easily configured as a polyphonic track (up to 8 voices), a CV/GATE + velocity + aftertouch track, a modulation + clock track… in order to fit your Eurorack system.
- Every sequence is totally independent and contains a new set of tracks to be played with, for a total of 64 tracks in a single project.
- Dynamic effects – You can stack on each track up to 8 real-time effects: Quantize, Swing, Arpeggiator, Glide, Harmonizer, Delay, Chance, Scale, LFO
- Every effect parameters can be edited in the EFFECTS mode, or with CC messages & CV inputs, thanks to the modMatrix.
- MIDI-USB-CV interface – Full connectivity: control Hermod with plug-and-play midi USB devices, midi keyboards, computers or other eurorack CV systems.
- Hermod is also a great MIDI hub, allowing you to sequence midi synthesizers/drum machines and computer’s virtual instruments. Of course, Hermod can be perfectly paired with Pyramid or other hardware and software sequencer, in order to benefit from its CV/GATE outputs.
Pricing and Availability
The Hermod is available for pre-order now for 380,00 €. It is expected to ship at the end of February.