Developer Dominique Baillot has updated K Machine, a generative audiovisual generative sequencer for iPad & iPhone.
K Machine is designed to turn your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a unique audiovisual instrument. It can be used as a VJ app, for audio generation, or as a multimedia performance app.
The update brings updated Audiobus features, new sound effects and more.
Here’s what’s new in K Machine 2.7:
- Audiobus-SDK-3.0.3 integration.
- Audiobus: K Machine can now be used as a filter. The filter only passthrough the input sound, but is useful to add the K Machine as a filter in AUM.
- Audiobus trigger: start/stop and rewind.
- Audiobus State Saving for specific project.
- 4 New sound effects available for each track: gate, delay, limiter, clipper.
- Auto fade in/out to avoid previous sound glitch on tempo change when selected loop change.
- New buffer type: raw sound data, accessible in glsl through ‘soundBuffer’ texture uniform parameter.
- User settings: configurable vertices number up to 1 million points: 3 possible values: 65536, 262144 and 1048576 (These are the maximum particles/vertices number, used when not ‘KVerticesNumber’ set in the glsl code).
- User settings configurable frequencies buffer width for better precision on frequencies datas.
- User settings configurable size for raw sound data buffer: 3 possible sizes.
- User settings : new transition open GL rendering mode available, “Points” for smoother transition when using large number of vertices.
- New ‘loopProgress’ glsl uniform parameter, with value 0. (loop start) to 1.(loop end).
- Audiobus Remote integration: K Machine can now be control from the Audiobus remote app, with start/stop playing sequential, start/stop playing record, mute control for each track.
- 25 new vertex shaders files, grouped in the ‘SHADERS_Default_V2_7’ directory.
- 2 new Example shaders files: one for ‘loopProgress’ parameter, and one for ‘soundBuffer’ parameter.
- Smooth project loading and saving.
- Hard reset feature.
- Audio and visual engines optimizations.
Pricing and Availability
K Machine is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used K Machine, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!