Today Arturia announced the latest in their KeyLab MIDI controller series, KeyLab MKII. Available in a 49-key or 61-key version, KeyLab MkII combines the control of Arturia’s original KeyLab with the streamlined workflow and features of KeyLab Essential, while adding new features (detailed below):
Arturia KeyLab MKII Core Features:
- MIDI- and USB-compatible controller with Mackie HUI recording software control
- 49 or 61 Arturia Pro-Feel semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- Aluminium chassis
- Metal pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 4 CV outputs and 1 CV input for modular connectivity
- DAW Commands with magnetic overlays
- Total Analog Lab integration with dedicated “Category” buttons for quick navigation
- Three banks of 9 MIDI-assignable knobs, faders, and RGB buttons, preconfigured to work with Analog Lab 3 instruments
- 16 backlit RGB multi-function pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 2 customizable chord modes
- 32-character LCD screen
- Sustain and expression pedal inputs, as well as 3 additional auxiliary pedal inputs
KeyLab MKII features three different control modes:
- DAW mode gives the user control over recording platform, with transport, track, and navigation controls all immediately available. KeyLab MkII also comes complete with 10 magnetic overlays and presets for some of the most popular DAW titles.
- Analog Lab mode automatically assigns all knobs, faders, and buttons to work with the included Analog Lab 3 software suite. Enjoy control of over 6,000 iconic synth, key, organ, sampler, string machine, and piano sounds, set up splits and multi-sounds, and browse presets easily with dedicated category buttons and tag-based browsing with the jog wheel.
- User mode allows the user total control of KeyLab MkII, with nearly every key, pad, button, switch, fader, and rotary knob totally customizable to send any note or MIDI CC data. Store up to 10 User maps to suit the user’s setup, from controlling multiple effects and VSTs at once, to giving full and total control of every parameter of a virtual instrument.
Software specifications: KeyLab MkII ships with a collection of software titles. Two full Arturia titles are included – Analog Lab 3 and Piano V 2. KeyLab MkII also includes Ableton Live Lite.
Modular compatibility. KeyLab MkII’s control voltage connectivity allows the user to open up to the world of vintage synthesizers and Eurorack modular systems. Featuring 4 CV outputs to control pitch, gate, and 2 modulation sources, the user can send live performance or DAW-controlled automation to their modular gear. KeyLab MKII also sports a CV input, which translates incoming signals from modules to MIDI/USB data, ready for your DAW.
Pricing and Availability. Arturia’s KeyLab MKII is available for pre-order via the Arturia website with an anticipated ship date of July 2018, when it should be available at retailers worldwide. KeyLab MKII is $449 US in the 49-key version, and $499 US for the 61-key model.
For more information on KeyLab MkII, and other controllers in Arturia’s range, visit the Arturia website.