Alpha Forever – a node-based modular sound design system for Windows that allows you to create custom instruments and effects – is now available.
Alpha Forever is created by Hungarian brothers Gábor and Balázs Gyutai, and represents the results of 3 years of development. The soundtrack to the intro video, above, was synthesized entirely with Alpha Forever.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- Over 100 presets (synths, sound FX, delay effects, modulations, dynamics, tools)
- Every signal is calculated at audio rate, you can connect anything with anything
- No limitation on the amount of nodes used in a patch
- More than 80 nodes available already (math tools, MIDI inputs, LFOs, bandlimited oscillators, envelopes, delays etc.)
- Designed for fast node editing, several nodes have their own interfaces
- MIDI and parameter automation
- Scalable plug-in window
- Intuitive, zoomable, fast, vector graphics interface
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Copy / Paste patches into text editors / online text fields
- Constantly developed
- No in app purchases, no subscription plans
Here’s an example of sound design using Alpha Forever:
Pricing and Availability
Alpha Forever is available now for Windows for US $50. A trial version is also available with no time limitation, but saving is disabled.