Today Elektron introduced Model:Cycles, a new six-track, FM-based groovebox.
The six Machines of the Model:Cycles digital FM engine are Kick, Snare, Metal (a “flexible metallic voice for hi-hats, cymbals and more”), Perc, Tone, and the four-voice Chord. These cover both percussive and melodic synths.
Each of the instruments offers four controllers: Color, Shape, Sweep, and Contour. These alter the behavior of each Machine differently.
Model:Cycles has six velocity-sensitive pads and twelve dedicated knobs for sound sculpting. Model: Cycles can also be used as a MIDI sequencer, with the capability of creating up to 96 projects and in each project, the ability to save up to 96 patterns.
Here’s a video overview of Model: Cycles’ features:
Model: Cycles Specifications:
- 6 × FM based Machines
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- 1 × Assignable velocity modulation per track
- Storage space for up to 60,000 presets
- 6 × Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
- Elektron sequencer with up to 64 steps
- Unique length and scale settings per track
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Assignable retrig
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- 96 × Projects
- 96 × Patterns per Project
Send & master effects
- Delay and reverb send FX
- 6 × Velocity sensitive pads
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 1 × Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- 3.5 mm dual polarity TRS MIDI In, Out/Thru jacks
- 128 × 64 pixel LCD screen
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A converters
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- Power inlet: Center positive 3.5 × 1.35 mm barrel jack, 5 V DC, 1 A
- Battery In: Center positive 5.5 × 2.1 barrel jack, 4–10 V DC
- 2 × slots for attaching Power Handle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-4
- Micro USB Cable USB-2
- 2 × MIDI adapter (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS minijack)
Here’s a performance demo, via Perfect Circuit:
Pricing and Availability:
Elektron’s Model:Cycles has an MSRP of $399 US, and is listed for $299 at one online US retailer. The Elektron website says the first batch of Elektron Model:Cycles has already sold out in their webstore, and suggests that consumers check availability at Elektron retailers.
More information about Model:Cycles is available on the Elektron website.