inMusic – the parent company to Akai Professional, Alesis, Denon DJ, Marantz, Numark and other pro music brands – has announced that it has acquired FXpansion’s BFD drum software platform.
FXpansion has been a subsidiary of ROLI since 2016, but in the last few years, ROLI has struggled to make payments on its debts. BFD and its engineering department will now become part of inMusic’s R&D organization.
Originally released in 2003, BFD is an acoustic drum virtual instrument. It offers a built-in environment for creating patterns and creating realistic drum tracks.
BFD 3 features include:
- Dedicated rock, metal, jazz and brush kits
- Tom resonance / cymbal swell modelling
- Algorithmic reverb and DCAM EnvShaper
- Wide range of mix-ready presets
- Fully editable, improved groove engine
- Grooves by Steve Ferrone, Brooks Wackerman, Bobby Jarzombek, Peter Erskine & Stanton Moore
- VST, AU and AAX plugin formats & standalone version
BFD is available from the FXpansion site.