Hypersynth has introduced the Hcard-705 ‘Hyper-Bank’, a new multibank cartridge solution for the Yamaha DX5 and DX1 synthesizers that gives them 400 times more patch memory.
The Hcard-705 is a multibank cartridge pair for expanding Yamaha DX5 and DX1 external memory. Hcard-705 has no internal battery, and it stores up to 400 banks per cartridge, without the worry of battery life and data loss.
The Hcard-705 is also pre-loaded with 52 voice banks per card, including:
- Hyper-Bank voices.
- Yamaha DX1/DX5 original voice ROMs.
- All Hcard-701 soundbanks.
- All Yamaha VCR-1XX cartridges.
- Memory size for voice: Up to 800 banks (25600 Voices, card A+B).
- Memory size for performance: Up to 400 banks (25600 Perfs, card A).
- Loaded with 52 voice banks per card.
- Loaded with 2 performance banks (Hyper-Bank + Yamaha Factory).
- Instant access to different banks using touch buttons.
- Two digits bank indicator display.
- No need for battery.
- Drop in replacement for “Data RAM”, “Voice ROM” and “Perf Rom” cartridge.
- Hidden “Memory Protect” option.
- Compatible with Yamaha DX5 and DX1.
Pricing and Availability:
The Hcard-705 is available now for $389 USD from the HyperSynth site.
4 thoughts on “New Hcard-705 Gives Yamaha DX1, DX5 Synths 400 Times More Patch Memory”
…and I thought there are only 4 patches for the DX7: E-Piano, Bass, Marimba and Helicopter!?!
Ha, you could think so, but after resisting FM for years, I tried out DEXED. I was amazed at how many really useful sounds were in the mass of presets, including some very analog-sounding patches. A DX1 or 5 is a major unicorn of a thing, though. Hypersynth makes a more real-world DX7 model that contains 12,800 sounds. Got 2 years to blow?
Awesome news for both of those people who own a DX1
Awesome… I just had replaced a battery from my Yamaha DX5…. which I hadn’t used for years. I had lost the performance cartridge and could not find a replacement. Now that this expanded cartridge is available I look forward to re-discovering what my (Expanded) DX5 can really do.