Developer Steve Hunt shared this sneak preview of ‘The Beast’ – a new synth design from Yorick Tech Ltd.
Hunt describes The Beast as “a prototype / test bed for a mono synth project which will be a cut-down version of this, using the best bits. Possible poly version too….”
- 2 x CEM 3340 VCOs, one with supersaw and one with double-wavefolder. Each has its own PWM LFO and pitch ADSR and sub oscillator.
- 4 filters:
- Oberheim SEM doubled to give 12 or 24dB slope.
- Roland SH-1 based filter, again with 12 or 24dB.
- 904a Moog Modular clone
- miniKorg Traveller-based design
- Filters can be set in series, parallel and are fed from the 2 mixers as 2 pairs.
- 7 LFOs
- Ring modulator
- 6 ADSRs (2 miniMoog clones, 2 digital and 2 CEM)
- ‘Many’ VCAs, including 2 mixers and stereo panning for each mixer
- Spring reverb
- 4×5 mod matrix
- Midi or CV in
This is a preview of a development prototype, so details on pricing and availability are to be announced.