Endorphin.es has introduced the Queen of Pentacles, a 7-voice hybrid drum kit module in Eurorack format.
It’s designed for ‘drums that make you dance’, according to the company.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“The new Queen of Pentacles covers the range of Dance/EDM/Techno music styles and is inspired by the famous TR-909.
Endorphin.es did it in a smart way. Check out the features: There are 7 sounds in the drum kit. 3 drums are analogue – bass drum, snare drum and clap. These 3 are generated analogue for the following reason: each sound has its own binary noise generator and really – each time they are triggered the flavor is unique –they simply never repeat. At the same time they don’t phase out each other as in the original 909, which is great – for example in the situation when reinforcing the clap on 2nd and 4th with an additional beat of the snare.”
- Analogue-based: bass drum, snare drum and clap
- 4 sample-based drums (e.g. hi-hats, ride and crash cymbal – or simply use your own samples via SD card)
- Zero-latency sample playback directly from SD card
- Hybrid analog sound generation: 3x band-limited LSRF binary noise generators with spectrum animation, injected into discrete analog circuits
- On-board effect processor with 2 banks consisting of 16 effects in total, including additional auxiliary input and firmware update over audio
- Master isolator-style LP/HP filter with VCA control and saturator booster
Pricing and Availability
The Queen of Pentacles module is available now with a street price of about $650 USD.
One thought on “Endorphin.es Intros Queen Of Pentacles Eurorack Percussive Synthesizer”
it’s a techno machine, super cool, absolutely gorgeous design.