Roland recently introduced TR-Editor, a free editor application for their TR-8S and TR-6S Rhythm Performer drum machines.
The TR-Editor’s large display and five tabs eliminate the need for menu diving and page scrolling on the hardware while designing kits and sounds. It’s possible to access kit and instrument parameters on a single screen, draw motion data for instant results, and view all parameters for selected FX at one time. Undo and redo are also available for quick revisions and comparing ideas.
A librarian window assists with organizing and managing patterns and kits. Users can access the complete TR library and filter various instrument categories to customize sounds. And, with a keyboard, it’s easier to name and organize patches, kits, and projects.
- Standalone graphical editor and librarian for the TR-8S and TR-6S
- Available for macOS and Windows
- Manage and edit instruments, kits, effects, and patterns
- Onscreen motion editing
- Undo and redo for quick revisions
- Rename patches, kits, and projects quickly from your computer keyboard
- FX tab for accessing all INST and MFX parameters
TR-Editor is available for free through Roland Cloud Manager.