Eventide has released Physion Mk II, an advanced multi-effects plug-in which they say offers a modern approach to mixing and sound design.
Physion Mk II uses Eventide’s patented Structural Split technology, allowing the user to split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate the components with Eventide effects, and fuse them back together. This approach to multi-effect processing delivers a host of new sonic options.
Eventide says that they hand-tuned each Physion Mk II effect for transient or tonal material and included new effects like Polyphonic Pitch Shifting, based on Eventide’s new SIFT technology. It also features new Reverse delay with Gating, Ping-pong, and Crystals modes, as well as Side Chain Inputs for dynamics effects.
The seven transient effects available are Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ and Reverse Delay. Eight tonal effects can be applied to a source: Delay, Dynamics, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ and Reverse Delay. The transient/tonal split of a sound can be fine-tuned with four Physion Mk II Structural Split controls.
Physion Mk II’s factory library comes loaded with over 500 presets, offering unique and exclusive sounds, organized into easy-to-navigate categories.
Structural Split techniques also allow soloed or rebalanced tonal and transient channel effects, like tightening up drums by dropping the tonal section or turning a guitar into an ambient sweep by muting the transients. A/B Comparison and Undo/Redo features allow easy exploration of sounds without losing track of the original source.
Other features include a Colorblind Accessible user interface option.
- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting algorithm based on SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) Technology
- Reverse Delays with Gating, Ping-pong, and Crystals modes
- Side Chain input for dynamics processors
- State-of-the-art Filters, taken directly from SplitEQ
- Resizable GUI with scrolling waveform display and easy-to-use layout – no menu diving required
- World-class, Hand-tuned Eventide effects for the Transient & Tonal streams
- Process Transient and Tonal Effects separately using Eventide’s Improved Structural Split technology
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Control the Underlying Split for fine-tuning and experimentation
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 500+ presets
- A/B Comparison and Undo/Redo make it easy to explore ideas without losing where you started
- Three Color Schemes: Normal, Dark, and Colorblind Accessible
Pricing and Availability
Physion Mk II is available for Mac and PC in VST, AAX and AU formats for an introductory price of $99 (reg. $179) from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide. Additional discounts are available for owners of the original Physion or SplitEQ.