iConnectivity today introduced the PlayAUDIO1U , a rackmount audio and MIDI interface that they say is “deeply-thought-out, bulletproof, fail-proof, and made-to-tour”.
The PlayAUDIO1U offers tons of connectivity, with USB, DIN and Ethernet MIDI support; dual USB C ports for connecting devices; footpedal support; 12 XLR outputs; flexible audio and MIDI routing and more.
- 2x USB C type ports for connecting computing devices
- Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning-fast switching between connected computers
- 2x 2 button “Control” footswitch selectable input/outputs can be mapped to MIDI functions, control over numerous functions on the interface and/or sending control messages to compatible devices
- Audio Protection helps stop unwanted noise from corrupt audio sources/files from making it into the audience
- Auracle software enables you to tailor the PlayAUDIO1U’s settings to your exact needs
- High-resolution audio – Studio sound quality for the live arena – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion
- “MIDI learn” from external MIDI devices to control key functions on the interface
- OLED screen for instantaneous status information and precise control
- 1U ready-to-tour rack-mountable chassis
- 12 Balanced panel reinforced XLR outputs
- Integrated +48v phantom power protection on outputs protects your interface from accidental damage when plugging directly into consoles or stage boxes
- 1x 1/4” TRS stereo headphone output with dedicated control for convenient headphone monitoring
- USB MIDI host port, offering up to 8 ports worth of USB MIDI for Class Compliant controllers and/or modules
- DIN-MIDI port built-in (1 in 1 out)
- Ethernet MIDI with 22 ports of connectivity for rugged long-distance MIDI connections
- Comprehensive audio mixing and routing between connected USB computing devices and analog outputs
- Easy-to-use capacitive touch control and 2 rotary encoders provide software-less control over PlayAUDIO1U’s key features from the front panel
- 100-220v switching power built-in with Industry-Standard IEC Power Connection
Pricing and Availability:
The PlayAUDIO1U is available now, with an MSRP of $1399.99 USD and an $1199 estimated street price.