ILIO and audio plug-in developer Audio Modeling have introduced SWAM String Sections, a suite of four plug-ins, corresponding to the orchestra sections Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Double Basses, based on physical modeling synthesis.
SWAM String Sections are capable of emulating orchestras of various sizes, from small chamber ensembles to large symphonic groups. SWAM technology provides access to natural orchestral articulations, and sections can be placed together in a virtual room to achieve authentic, blended acoustics.
Room Modeling Technology
SWAM String Sections feature choices of room size and absorption materials, allowing users to transition seamlessly from a controlled, highly absorbent recording studio to the grandeur of a spacious cathedral. You can fine-tune sounds by adjusting the microphone’s proximity, either drawing it closer for intimacy or pushing it farther for a richer reverb effect.
The Room Simulator can be controlled from any SWAM String Sections plugin in a setup. Whether adjusting section placement, room size, or absorption materials, it’s all controllable within any SWAM String Sections plugin, thanks to communication between individual plugin tracks.
Production Workflow Benefits:
- Realistic: Individual section plugins provide separate control of each section’s expressivity, by automating expression, vibrato, bow pressure, and bow position, tremolo, etc.
- Efficient: The creative workflow is not broken by searching for an articulation or the right sample.
- Fast: With physical modeling technology, recreate any musical style, controlling velocity, expression, playing staccato/legato, and experimenting with the sound just by playing.
- Smart: The room simulator communicates between the multiple tracks on the DAW, with a centralized UI to position all sections at once instead of opening each plugin to tweak room settings.
- Comprehensive Suite: SWAM String Sections includes four essential plugins—Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Double Basses.
- Expressive Modeling: Harness the power of physical and behavioral modeling for limitless articulations and musical styles.
- Spatial Control: Take charge of room modeling and section placement, tailoring your desired sound and spatialization. With our Room Simulator, you can choose the room absorption and size and move each section to any position, resulting in an accurate acoustic response based on the geometry and characteristics of the room.
- Creative Workflow: Play and control real-time parameters to achieve the perfect expressive attack, sustain, and articulation, without the need to pause and search for the desired samples in a library.
- Realistic Monophonic Section Programming: Capture the authenticity of a live orchestra by programming each monophonic section individually in your DAW, complete with its unique performance characteristics. Just as real orchestras have sections that play individual parts, SWAM String Sections allows you to replicate this realism in your compositions, thereby avoiding the dreaded “organ” effect when playing chordally. Bringing physical and behavioral modeling to ensembles means not having to compromise on authentic, precise control for orchestral arrangements.
- Seamless Communication: String Sections plugins work together, allowing seamless management of multiple sections without phase cancellation.
- Orchestral Flexibility: Build a custom orchestra, from small ensembles to grand symphonies. As you add more sections, they intelligently communicate, automatically placing themselves in a user-selected room with anti-phasing settings for exceptional sound quality.
Here’s a Bach orchestral arrangement demo:
Here’s the official SWAM String Sections demo:
Pricing and Availability:
SWAM String Sections is available now for $500 USD.