Polyend has introduced the Play+, a 16-track sample and synth-based groovebox.
Play+ retains the original external Play design and workflow, but an upgraded processor enables a host of new features, including stereo sample playback, multitimbral polyphonic synthesis, and seamless audio over USB.
Play+ offers more than just sample and MIDI playback; it now features four synth engines:
- ACD: ACD is a recreation of iconic single-oscillator monophonic analog synths that transport you back to the golden age of electronic music.
FAT: FAT is a powerhouse synth engine that epitomizes the lush, vintage warmth of classic analog synthesizers.
- VAP: VAP is a Virtual Analog Polysynth that boasts a dual-oscillator architecture and a versatile modulation matrix.
- WTFM: WTFM is a unique 2-operator FM synth engine that utilizes WaveTable-based oscillators driven by a 3x feedback system.
Multi-Track Audio Over USB Integration and Stereo Expansion
Play+ also features stereo sample playback and new stereo sample packs. And with Play+, each track can be sent to your DAW separately, for flexibility in post-production. With up to 14 stereo tracks via USB, you can enhance your tracks with external effects, or add depth during a live set.
- Ins & Outs
- Stereo Line/Headphones Out
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- In the box
- Play+ Essential References book
- USB-A power adapter
- USB-C cable (2 m)
- Stereo 3.5 mm to 2x Mono 6.3 mm adapter
- Minijack to MIDI DIN adapter (Type B)
- 16 GB super-fast MicroSD Card
- MicroSD to USB-A Adapter
- Size and Weight
- Height (w/buttons): 1.3 inches (3.3 cm)
- Width: 11.02 inches (28.2 cm)
- Depth: 8.15 inches (20.7 cm)
- Weight: device: 2.65 lbs (1.2 kg)
Pricing and Availability:
Play+ is available now for $/€ 799. Upgrades from Play to Play+ will be offered at $/€ 399.