Laurent Colson has released version 4.0 of MusicMath music conversion software.
This new version is now Universal Binary to support new Intel based Macs and adds the following features:
- Values in Hertz and in Ms can be modified in Delay module to obtain the tempo
- The result in the Tap Tempo module can be copied as global tempo
- Bug fixing in SMPTE calculation
- New icon from Kevan
- Localized version in one application
Music Math is a freeware which converts musical values. You can calculate the time stretching to use on a sample if you change the tempo for another, or the number of semi-tonse to transpose, the time stretching to apply if you transpose a sample and you don’t want to change the duration, the delay in ms to synchronise with BPM, and a tap delay function. Tap the beat on you keyboard, and the software tell you what is your tempo.
Music-Math features 7 conversion functions:
- Tempo: computes the equivalent duration for original and new tempos
- Transpose: converts semitones to Time Stretching values
- Delay: convert tempo to musical duration (ms) or equivalent frequencies (Hz); i.e., for LFOs rates
- Tap: Tap in the tempo
- Samples: convert duration (in samples) to tempo or tempo to sample duration
- Notes: convert MIDI notes to equivalent frequencies (Hz)
- SMPTE: add or substract SMPTE value